Gleneagle Foreign Exchange
Why trade in the FX Market
Foreign Exchange (FX) trading is a global market that operates 24 hrs a day, 5 days a week and sees approximately $4 Trillion in daily turnover. This means the FX market is highly liquid and offers traders the opportunity to take either long or short positions on currencies with considerably high levels of leverage.
When trading FX with Gleneagle Securities, clients benefit from our superior pure agency brokerage service that offers Direct Market Access (DMA) execution and gives access to Tier 1 liquidity through our Electronic Communications Network (ECN).
Whether a trader new to FX or a sophisticated client trading on an institutional FX platform, Glenegle Securities can provide you with unmatched trading conditions and experiences.
How does FX Trading work?
FX Trading has traditionally been Over-the-Counter (OTC). However, technological advances have seen the development of Electronic Communications Networks (ECNs) that give clients access to trade directly with other market participants, removing conflicts of interest between broker-client relations.
When trading FX:
- Always involve the trade of two currencies, known as Currency Pairs, such as AUD/USD
- When an investor buys one currency in the pair, they are effectively selling the other.
- When reading a Currency Pair, the currency to the left of the slash (/) is the base currency, while the currency to the right is the quote currency. If AUD/USD = 0.7679, this means that 0.7679 USD buys 1.0000 AUD.
- Currencies are priced to four decimal places. A single unit of the fourth decimal place is referred to as a pip (percentage in point). For example, AUD/USD moves from 0.7679 by 6 pips to 0.7685.
- Leverage can be utilised to benefit from the small pip movements that characterise FX Trading
Tier 1 Liquidity
Already a Client of Gleneagle?
If you are already one of Gleneagle Securities valued clients, click the login button below, follow the prompts to add FX Trading to your list of accounts and start trading!
Want to try a Demo Account?
Sign up for a free Gleneagle Securities FX Demo account to see our MT4 platform in action and practice trading FX in a risk-free environment.
Ready to become a Client of Gleneagle?
Eager to start trading FX with Gleneagle Securities? Click the button below to open an account. It’s quick, easy to set up and you’ll be trading in a matter of minutes.
How do I place FX trades with Gleneagle?
FX trades can be placed via our MT4 trading platform.
What is the minimum size for trading FX?
The minimum trading size for FX is 1 micro lot or 1,000 units (0.01 x 1 lot) of base currency.
What is the minimum account balance required?
US$500 deposit is required to open an account with Gleneagle Securities. There is no minimum requirement to maintain an account.
How do I change the leverage in my account?
Please contact Gleneagle Securities to modify your account’s leverage.
How long do i have to meet a margin call?
From the time you receive a margin call notification, you have 24 – 48 hours to deposit additional collateral. During times of rapid market movements, you may be required to provide additional collateral earlier. Should this be the case, Gleneagle Securities will notify you.